Orvis: Assistant Manager - Burford
About Orvis...We inspire the world to love the adventure and wonder in nature. We live to develop and share our equipment, apparel and expertise to outfit deeper connections and authentic experiences in the outdoors for a more inspired lifestyle.
We are seeking an Assistant Manager for our store on the High Street in Burford, Oxfordshire. The store is laid out over two floors, with a seven-day trading period.
The primary role is to support the Store Manager in the day to day operational running of the store and to have the ability to successfully manage the store in their absence, as well as regularly coaching and encouraging the team to achieve sales. Candidates will have previous supervisory experience working within a similar retail environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the team in building, developing and maintaining customer acquisition, ensuring repeat visits and customer loyalty by delivering exceptional customer service
- Create and deliver a first-class shopping experience for our esteemed clientele by finding ways to delight and inspire our customers.
- Maintain impeccable visual merchandising standards throughout the store.
- Assisting customers with their retail purchases, including link selling and till procedures
- Assisting with organisation and running of in-store marketing, social media, and events to drive brand recognition and sales
- Provide management cover in the store manager’s absence
- Assist with coaching and motivating the store team to reach their highest potential
- Support the manager to ensure the store has adequate staff cover, producing and maintaining schedules and timesheets.
- Assist and support other Orvis retail stores when management cover is required, as part of ongoing development.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience at Supervisor level or above is essential, including developing and leading a team in a commercial, sales-driven environment.
- A confident, highly motivated and consistently organised Manager with natural warmth in your approach to both customers and the team, and ability to have fun.
- A keen passion for the Orvis brand and enthusiasm for the products, with a willingness to learn more about each department including Fly fishing and Dogs.
- Ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task whilst maintaining an outstanding level of customer service.
The hours are full time, working five days out of seven, including weekends on a rota basis.
- Up to 60% staff discount
- Three times annual salary life assurance
- 33 days holiday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Use of Orvis’ fishing beats in Hampshire