Our client has been in business for over 30 years and are one of the largest pure-play apparel and footwear retailers in the UK, with over 2 million customers and over 104 million website visits a year. They currently have dedicated local market websites in the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Denmark and Poland; in addition, they dispatch to a further 20+ countries worldwide.
Reporting to the Operations Director the role is responsible for the overall management of the Contact Centre. The main responsibilities will include, setting the direction and targets for the contact centre in line with the strategic objectives of the business, the day to day management of the department, identifying the right technologies to support the department objectives, aligning ways of working with customer needs and business goals and managing the development and performance of the team in line with department goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly managing a team of Contact Centre Duty Managers as well as ensuring the smooth day to day running of our customer service team
- Building strong relationships and working collaboratively with key stakeholders to manage Contact Centre performance in the short & long term
- Constantly seeking opportunities to drive performance within the wider operation
- Representing the Contact Centre in meetings with other teams across the business
- Coaching and motivating your team to provide a first-class service to our customers, striving to provide first time resolution of queries at all times
- Taking ownership for team performance and driving through actions in order to maintain, streamline, and improve service
- Managing customer enquiry levels and ensuring service levels and turnaround times are achieved
- Identifying training and skill needs through a variety of coaching methods
- Monitoring performance of teams and ensure all employees have active and relevant appraisals.
- Experience as a Contact Centre/Customer Service Manager in a customer focussed environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of contact centre technology, processes and operations
- A good understanding of consumer rights act, legal processes, product sales environment both UK and International
- Experience of team leadership
- Significant experience of coaching and developing contact centre teams
- Good analytical skills with ability to carry out data manipulation and analysis techniques
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Good logic and thinking capabilities with the ability to deliver independent judgement
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage and present to stakeholders, influencing all levels & functions, internally & externally.
- Competitive salary, Company bonus scheme and pension
- A great company culture
- Subsidised canteen
- Generous staff discount
- Healthcare cash plan scheme