Are you an experienced Warehousing and Logistics expert looking for a short but challenging project based in the Hereford area.
We are currently recruiting for a fixed term contract position , for a period of approx. 6 months for a Distribution Centre Manager for a fast paced on line retailer with an immediate start.
You will be responsible for managing all Distribution centre & logistics activity with the support of the team leaders who report into you, ensuring all goods are processed in and out in an effective and timely manner.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
· Being accountable for the leadership and management of the Distribution Centre on a day-to-day basis
· Maintaining focus on all warehouse KPI’s and employee engagement
· Understanding underlying reasons for trends (positive and negative) with the ability to flex the operation accordingly to meet the targets
· Proactively manage the output of the DC and other improvement initiatives to deliver savings in efficiency and cost
· Identifying and delivering cost saving opportunities
· Compiling, tracking and reviewing KPI suite for the Distribution & Logistics function and, where necessary, identify trends and take swift corrective action
· Managing peak planning and execution
· Driving the operations strategic and tactical continuous improvement plans with full budgetary responsibility for all aspects of the Distribution Centre
· Resource planning across the Distribution Centre.
Interested? To be considered you will need:
· Strong management experience in a large fast-paced distribution centre, e-Commerce distribution experience is essential
· A proven track record of engaging and motivating teams in a warehouse environment
· To be self-motivated, independent and target driven
· Strong Commercial acumen
· The ability to liaise from shop-floor to Board level
· Extensive knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and automation
· The ability to align and engage the team to achieve the Company’s vision, strategy and goals.
Hours of work: This is a interim position; working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. You will be required to remain flexible with working hours to meet business needs and at times work within the departments shift rota pattern.