Our client is a well-established luxury goods and food company with a rich heritage of over 400 years. With their head office in London, our client’s reach expands across Europe and Asia operating through their boutiques, restaurants, wholesale outlets and online presence.
This role requires the successful candidate to maximise the sales and contribution of global activity within the company. In line with the strategic objective of building on the strength of the brand with a significant presence in key channels and markets around the world. You will bring market knowledge and commercial business connections specifically from the UK, Europe and USA. You will bring omni channel commercial sales experience and proactively use these skills to drive EBIT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define the strategy and goals for the team including channels, territories, formats, sales, margin, and contribution in order to drive scale and deliver the sales and contribution targets.
- Delivering expansion in key targeted territories (both existing and new) by building effective relationships with best-in-class retailers, distributors and franchise partners as defined by the strategy, ensuring appropriate contracts and agreements are in place.
- Expand the brand’s presence in the UK with selective retailers and HoReCa accounts in order to underpin its appeal to our targeted consumer.
- Manage relationship with existing partners, including regular market visits, to ensure that maximum sales are achieved in line with agreed budgets, and provide them with the essential tools to achieve this.
- Define and execute a calendar of activities including as appropriate presence at international sales fairs and conferences, as well as hosting internal selling shows and product launches for existing customers.
- Ensure that the appropriate tools and processes are in place to optimise business performance across all channels by providing appropriate levels of support to customers and ensuring an effective and transparent supply chain.
- Form effective selling strategies in all channels from own store, key-account management, digital sales to indirect channel partners.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador, raising the profile and reputation of the brand as a successful and forward- thinking business in line with the business strategy.
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication processes are maintained internally, ensuring incentives and performance management processes are in place to support new account acquisition and sales targets.
- Blue chip experience of managing omni channel accounts.
- Experience of developing a brand into new territories.
- Track record in building and delivering sustainable commercial relationships with key stakeholders and maintaining existing relationships with key clients in priority markets including the UK preferable.
- Proven record of driving and delivering UK & international omni channel sales opportunities. Understanding of shaping robust commercial contracts in support of a variety of business models. International market knowledge including economic trends, government policies etc.
- Previous experience in successfully developing and managing operations and partner business agreements.
- Dynamic and positive approach to developing opportunities with a resilience and tenacity to work through any setbacks or impediments.
- Willingness to travel, and to embracing and working well with different cultures in different time zones.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Results-oriented, hands-on, hardworking and execution focused.
- Collaborative, inspiring and influential.